TapeMaster LTO | LTFS Tape Migration and Duplication System
Introducing the next generation in our
standalone LTO Data Tape duplicators, the TapeMaster. The TapeMaster is not only the most advanced standalone duplicator/migrator on the market but is extremely simple and easy to use. The TapeMaster device features powerful hardware and elegantly designed firmware which results in guaranteed 100% perfect copies regardless of the content of your LTO tape. With the ability to copy all LTO Tapes including LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6 and LTO-7 formats, the TapeMaster is the perfect solution for your LTO Ultrium duplication needs. The easy to operate control panel offers many advanced features such as the ability to copy any LTO tape regardless of backup software, operating system or file system.
Duplicate your LTO tapes in hours instead of days!
The new TapeMaster clones your tapes at extremely fast speeds efficiently and effortlessly. Simply insert your write protected master and one or more write enabled new blank tapes, then select copy mode and your tapes will be duplicated at blazing speeds of up to 600MB/sec. At these speeds and with such ease-of-use, you no longer need to fiddle with deficient off-the-shelf software or tie up your server for days in order to get copies of the LTO tapes you need now.
Backing Up Your Backup
The reliable backup and restoration of corporate data is critical to the data management strategies of any business today. Information must be reliable, secure and available. Like an insurance policy, a sound backup and disaster recovery strategy protects against permanent data loss during events you hope will never occur.
The need to have multiple backup copies of your data becomes increasingly important since research has shown that more than 80% of the businesses suffering from catastrophic data loss have gone out of business within 12 months. Experts in the data storage industry agree you should back up your data on a regular basis and keep at least one backup copy offsite at all times. To make future planning complete, backup practices should be extended to include the duplication of media and refreshing of media where shelf life is nearing expiration. Essentially meaning a backup of the backup. However, user demand for 24/7/365 uptime and system administrator demand for a 5-7 day work week means that backing up twice per night is impractical at best and in most cases, simply not possible. Finally, a better solution has arrived: the TapeMaster standalone data tape duplication device.
Make One At A Time Or Many Simultaneously
The TapeMaster duplication system by StorageHeaven is designed to produce single or multiple copies of your LTO and other tape formats from a single master source tape. Each copy is an exact duplicate of the master tape. The front panel controls are designed to make duplicating content as easy as possible and feature multi-line LCD control panel with 4 large illuminated buttons.
The Perfect LTO Migration Platform
Migrate from older LTO tape formats to the latest LTO-6 or LTO-7 with ease. No need to purchase expensive and complicated tape migration solutions to keep pace with the latest LTO Ultrium technologies. Our new fully automated TapeMaster also fully supports barcodes, so you can have peace of mind knowing your workflow will be seamless. With today's vast array of legacy tape formats, our TapeMaster system makes the migration process simple.
LTO Tape Forensic Duplication
The standalone TapeMaster LTO Ultrium duplication device gives the Computer Digital Forensic Investigator the ability to make perfect copies of any suspect LTO tape at extremely fast speeds exceeding 30GB/min (with compression).
Simply enable the write-block tap on the suspect tape and insert the tape into the master LTO tape drive, then, insert write enabled blank tape into the target LTO tape drive and select "COPY & VERIFY" mode to start duplication process.
Our system will automatically perform two levels of verification during the copy process to ensure your tapes are 100% accurate. First, when data is written to the target tape it is read and immediately verified by the target tape drive. This allows the target drive to immediately to write a second copy of any data that fails the verify process.
Once the "COPY" process is completed a second "VERIFICATION" process is initiated whereby the data on master tape is compared bit-by-bit to data on target tape to ensure 100% accuracy.
Plug and Play Operation
The TapeMaster rapidly and reliably duplicates tapes. As a "plug-n-play" solution, simply plug in and select "copy" from the built-in LCD display. The TapeMaster copies tapes on a bit-for-bit basis, meaning it can duplicate any tape (i.e. WinTel, LINUX/UNIX™, Apple®, IBM®, Oracle®, HP® minis and mainframes, and more) with 100% accuracy every time. It doesn't matter what kind of data is on the original master, the duplicator's job is to make sure all the data is transferred accurately from the master to each duplicate copy.
Flexibility and Versatility
In addition to the manual standalone duplication systems, Storage Heaven now offers a range of standalone fully automated 24/7 "lights out" LTO erasure, migration and duplication models for high production environments. Be it the manual or automated system, the principle is same: extremely easy to use, yet powerful.
Universal Power Supply
Key Features and Benefits
The new TapeMaster features an auto-switching, 115V-230V universal power supply that can be used anywhere worldwide. Because the power supply is built in, you can use it in a rack (rack-mountable configurations) or on a tabletop without having to worry about an external power brick.
Applications For Various Markets
Just a few of the most popular uses and users of the TapeMaster cloning and migration systems include content archive and distribution for Digital Cinema, Government Agencies (i.e. Navy, Army, Air Force, Aerospace), Medical Imaging (i.e. EMR, PACS, DICOM), Information Technology, Digital Forensics, Mining, Video Production, Oil/Gas Exploration and Broadcast Industry.
- High speed - our system can reduce your duplication time significantly.
- Ease of use - powerful yet requires almost no training at all.
- Ability to duplicate one or many copies simultaneously.
- Comes in manual (you insert tapes) or lights out fully automated configurations.
- Allows you to copy your backups for off-site storage, archiving or sending copies to others.
- Gives you the ability to move existing tape data from one tape format to another.
- Migrate and refresh your data from older tapes to new tapes.
- Simply and easily erase your LTO tape cartridges with one of our fully automated 24/7 "light out" erasure models.
- Transfer your data from tapes of small capacity to tapes of larger capacities.
- Create a duplicate copy of any tape with any tape format to an alternate tape type.
- Clone your tapes for off-site storage; user not required to tie-up main backup servers and libraries in order to create extra tapes for disaster recovery.
- Completely Standalone Operation: No PC required to operate duplicator.
- Migrates and duplicates encrypted and non-encrypted tapes.
- Duplication of digital cinema master tapes for distribution - Linear Tape File System (LTFS) content support now included
- Duplication of digital forensic master tapes before they are analyzed in order to maintain evidence integrity.
- Includes automatic speed recognition for most optimal performance.
- User-friendly interface with 'easy-to-read' LCD display: offers easy to recognize and use terms and operations on the LCD display for simple usage.
- Power on Self diagnostics: Keeps the duplicator functioning optionally.
- Tabletop and 19" rack-mount versions available for most configurations
- Future functions upgradeable through firmware: Duplicator able to upgrade future software updates via Firmware.
- Continuous copying without waiting for cool down: No need to stop the duplicator for fear of overheating.