Crunch 250 Hard Drive & SSD Data Destroyer
The Crunch 250 destroys hard disk drives (HDD’s) and solid state drives (SSD’s) rendering them unusable. For companies requiring the utmost security, the Crunch 250 provides a perfect accompaniment to our degaussers. It is also an ideal solution for companies who recycle used media storage devices.
The unique Log System records all operating and destruction information which can be saved and printed, giving hard copy evidence of complete destruction.
The Crunch 250 is packed full of features which we believe makes it the most attractive destroyer on the market today. Neat and compact the Crunch 250 can destroy media in just 9 seconds making it time efficient and office friendly. It is simple to operate and has inbuilt safety features. A handy LCD display shows progress of the destruction.
In just three easy steps the destruction process is complete.
At all times through the cycle the safety interlocks ensure operators cannot put fingers, clothing etc in the crushing area whilst the moving parts are energised.
- The operator opens the door and inserts the drive.
- Closing the door energises the unit and pressing the button starts the destruction process. Progress is shown on the LCD.
- When the display shows the process is complete the door is opened and the destroyed drive can be removed.
When destruction logging is required simply connect a PC or Laptop to the Crunch 250 via the USB and open the logging program. Click on the “Find Machine” button and all the unit details will be automatically entered into the log including model, serial number and firmware version. Further data regarding operator, customer and media is then entered via keyboard (or optional barcode scanner).
Once the destruction process is complete, the lower portion
of the screen will show all the details of the destruction
including date, time, Media Serial number, and confirmation
that the media was destroyed successfully. If this data is
highlighted and the print button pressed all the details on the
screen along with all the data entered will be printed as a . report. As new media is erased the details will be added to
the Media Processed Log in the lower half of the screen. By highlighting erase records, the logs of one or more can be printed as required.
There is a Supervisor Section in the software which is Password protected. This allows the Supervisor to decide which fields are required and which fields must be completed by the Operator. The log record is stored in the PC and can be archived at any time or exported as a .csv file.
Note: Destroyed Items are not reusable.
Secure and Compliant
The Crunch 250 is designed to help you comply with the following Government Mandates that require destruction of sensitive information stored on Hard Drives, Solid State Drives and Tapes before there disposal.
- NSA/CSS SDDM 9-12
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- NIST (National Institute of Standard and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization
- NIST SP 800-36
- NIST SP 800-88
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Billey Act)
- California Senate 1386
- Destroys HDD's and SSD's
- Crushes a drive in only 9 seconds
- 32 character LCD display with counter
- Quiet, office friendly design
- Easy to operate with inbuilt safety features
- Log system printable reports show: Processing Company; Degausser Model & Serial No; Media owner; Operator / Supervisor Name; Media information
- Provides a complete destruction solution