The EP:SSD Value Line PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD Hard Drive Duplicator
The EP:SSD Value Line Mobile hard disk drive and SSD duplicator, is a compact and portable cloning solution. A full color touch screen provides an intuitive interface and support for SATA, PCIe (NVME or AHCI), mPCIe and USB3 makes the EP:SSD an extremely versatile duplicator.
Faster than software-based cloning the EP:SSD saves time and resources for all your duplicating tasks including software updates, new PC rollouts and content distribution.
The hand-held EP:SSD provides the convenience of on-site as well as "on the bench" duplication. This feature-packed solution is simple and easy to use, and novice users will appreciate the the various profile settings with best estimated cloning methods.
Key Features and Benefits
- Extremely fast cloning at up to 300 MB/s (18GB/min)
- 1-to-1 Mirror Duplicate or Smart Clone data and system files only
- Easy to use Graphical User Interface
- Portable handheld device for office or on the road use
- Create comprehensive log reports
- Wipe your drives with built-in DoD Sanitize feature
Technical Application Notes - Understanding mini PCIe, mSATA and M.2 SSDs
- One target and one master drive to drive duplication
- Hard Drive cloning at speeds approaching 300MB/sec
- Support for SSD (PCIe NVMe, AHCI, SATA, Mini PCIe), SATA HDD and USB 3.0 ports
- Supports cloning in Mirror mode (Operating System Independent)
- Write-protected master drives. SS:SSD ports that are designated as a source/master are automatically write-blocked to prevent any alteration to sensitive data on the source drive
- Advanced software including Smart-Clone, Mirror-Copy and Multi-Image Master
- Mirror Copy (bit for bit copy). Supports all O/S including Windows, Linux and MAC
- Hash verification: (SHA1, SHA256 or MD5) - Users can clone and verify the exact replication of the master drive in one single process Hash verification is embedded in the audit trail/log file.
- Multi-Image Master: Store multiple images created in EP:SSD in a repository on a SATA drive or on a USB enclosure connected to the EP:SSD and then clone to selected target drives.
- For Multiple partition drives, EP:SSD automatically selects the optimum cloning method (Clever or Mirror)
- Smart-Copy (copies only data areas, skips blank sectors, scales partitions to target). Supports FAT16/FAT32/NTFS and Linux (ext, ext2, ext3, ext4) file systems - adjusting all necessary target drive structures so target will boot.
- Wipe feature. Sanitizes hard drives to DoD 7-pass specification, offers Secure Erase and custom pass settings, meets NIST 800-88 guidelines
- Compact footprint of ~ 6”X 4”X 2” takes up minimal real estate on the workbench. The EP:SSD weighs approximately 1.0 lbs (packaging and accessories not included)
- Color touch screen display provides an intuitive and easy to use interface
- Bad sector handling. Scan for bad sectors on the source drive, abort or skip and log for review.
- Audit trail/log reports provide detailed information on each task. A digital signature is included in the report for authentication purposes
- Additional features include HPA/DCO support, very advanced drive information and color touch screen
- mSATA and Mini PCIe (mPCIe) - These SSDs have similar connectors. The mSATA SSD is Serial-ATA based, while the Mini PCIe is PCIe based. These two types of SSDs are not interchangeable.
- M.2 Solid State Drives (SSDs) come with one of two types of physical layers (PHY) and three types of controllers:
- SATA physical layer – SATA M.2 SSDs utilize the SATA controller.
- PCIe physical layer – There are two controllers for PCIe M.2 SSDs: AHCI Controller or NVMe Controller
- Typically, SATA M.2 SSDs utilize the “B & M key” while PCIe NVMe or PCIe AHCI SSDs utilize the “M key”.