TapeMaster-M LTO | LTFS Tape Migration and Cloning Appliance
Introducing the next generation in our
standalone LTO Data Tape duplicators, the TapeMaster. The TapeMaster is not only the most advanced standalone duplicator/migrator on the market but is extremely simple and easy to use. The TapeMaster device features powerful hardware and elegantly designed firmware, which results in guaranteed 100% perfect copies regardless of the content of your LTO tape. With the ability to copy all LTO Tapes including LTO-1, LTO-2, LTO-3, LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6, LTO-7, LTO-8 and LTO-9 formats, the TapeMaster is the perfect solution for your LTO Ultrium duplication needs. The easy to operate control panel offers many advanced features such as the ability to copy any LTO tape regardless of backup software, operating system or file system.
Features and Benefits
- Extremely fast - up to 2TB/hr (PRO Model) & up to 1TB/hr (STD Model)
- Support for all LTO Tape Types from LTO-1 to LTO-9 (drives required)
- Independent of all OS, FS, Backup Software, Tape formats including LTFS
- Plug-n-Play, user-friendly design - no training required
- Features Clone, Verify, Diagnose
- Reduce cloning times by up to 90% when compared to off-the-shelf software
Advantages of PRO Model Over the Standard (STD) Model
- Performance: up to three times faster than the standard model
- Floating Source: Use any drive as master/source or target/destination
Duplicate your LTO tapes in hours instead of days!
The new TapeMaster clones your tapes at extremely fast speeds efficiently and effortlessly. Simply insert your write protected master and one or more write enabled new blank tapes, then select Clone mode and it will duplicate your tapes at blazing speeds of up to 600MB/sec. At these speeds and with such ease-of-use, you no longer need to fiddle with deficient off-the-shelf software or tie up your server for days in order to get copies of the LTO tapes you need now.
One-to-One Cloning at Incredible Speeds
The TapeMaster-M Pro model clones your tapes at extremely fast speeds efficiently and effortlessly. Simply insert your write protected master and one or more write enabled new blank tapes, then select Clone mode and it will duplicate your tapes at blazing speeds of up to 2TB/hr. At these speeds and with such ease-of-use, you no longer need to deal with deficient off-the-shelf software or tie up your server for days in order to get copies of the LTO tapes you need now.
No need to run your backup a second time just to get a duplicate set. TapeMaster-M runs independent of your backup server and does not require a computer or software, and it is 100% standalone. The TapeMaster-M makes it really easy to clone your LTO tapes for offsite storage or simply to refresh data on older tapes by migrating to a newer format.
Secondary Verification Better Than MD5 Hash
TapeMaster performs Full Verification which reads ALL the data back from the Source tape AND the Destination tape and compares and verifies it. White this takes longer than using hashing algorithms such as MD5, it guarantees that all data is accurate 100% which cannot be said for MD5 which potentially has a 99.99% accuracy rating. However, with LTO Ultrium technology, Secondary Verification is not really necessary, since their Read-heads are physically positioned after the Write-head and the drive internally reads the data back after the write and checks it against the original data. In fact, LTO tape is 10,000 times more reliable than disk based on Bit Error Rate (BER) specification.
LTO Tape Forensic Duplication
The standalone TapeMaster LTO Ultrium duplication device gives the Computer Digital Forensic Investigator the ability to make perfect copies of any suspect LTO tape at extremely fast speeds exceeding 300MBps (native).
Simply enable the write-block tap on the suspect tape and insert the tape into the master/source LTO tape drive, then, insert write enabled blank tape into the target LTO tape drive and select "Clone" mode to start duplication process.
Once the "Clone" process is completed, a "Verification" process can be initiated whereby the data on master tape is compared bit-by-bit to data on target tape to ensure 100% accuracy.
Plug and Play Operation
The TapeMaster rapidly and reliably duplicates, migrates or archive your tapes. As a "plug-n-play" solution, simply plug in and select "Clone" from the built-in LCD display. The TapeMaster copies tapes on a bit-for-bit basis, meaning it can duplicate any tape (i.e. WinTel, LINUX/UNIX™, Apple®, IBM®, Oracle®, HP® minis and mainframes, and more) with 100% accuracy every time. It doesn't matter what data is on the original master, the duplicator's job is to make sure all the data is transferred accurately from the master to each duplicate copy.
Flexibility and Versatility
In addition to the manual standalone duplication systems, Storage Heaven now offers a range of standalone fully automated 24/7 "lights out" LTO erasure, migration and duplication models for high production environments. Be it the manual or automated system, the principle is the same: easy to use, yet powerful.
Future Proof Your Investment
TapeMaster-M is compatible with all generations of LTO and comes with an easy to upgrade architecture. In most cases, there will be no need to ship your duplicator back to us to upgrade to the latest. TapeMaster is upgradeable via a built-in USB port. A firmware is only an email away.
Universal Power Supply
The new TapeMaster features an auto-switching, 115V-230V universal power supply that can be used anywhere worldwide. Because the power supply is built in, you can use it in a rack (rack-mountable configurations) or on a tabletop without having to worry about an external power brick.
Key Features and Benefits of TapeMaster Systems
Applications For Various Markets
Just a few of the most popular uses and users of the TapeMaster cloning and migration systems include content archive and distribution for Digital Cinema, Government Agencies (i.e. Navy, Army, Air Force, Aerospace), Medical Imaging (i.e. EMR, PACS, DICOM), Information Technology, Digital Forensics, Mining, Video Production, Oil/Gas Exploration (Seismic) and Broadcast Industry.
- High speed - our system can reduce your duplication time significantly.
- Ease of use - powerful yet requires almost no training at all.
- Ability to duplicate one or many copies simultaneously.
- Comes in manual (you insert tapes) or lights out fully automated configurations.
- Allows you to copy your backups for off-site storage, archiving or sending copies to others.
- Gives you the ability to move existing tape data from one tape format to another.
- Migrate and refresh your data from older tapes to new tapes.
- Simply and easily erase your LTO tape cartridges with one of our fully automated 24/7 "light out" erasure models.
- Transfer your data from tapes of small capacity to tapes of larger capacities.
- (New) StackMaster Model consolidate multiple smaller tapes onto a larger new tape such as LTO-7/8/9.
- Create a duplicate copy of any tape with any tape format to an alternate tape type.
- Clone your tapes for off-site storage; user not required to tie-up main backup servers and libraries in order to create extra tapes for disaster recovery.
- Completely Standalone Operation: No PC required to operate duplicator.
- Migrates and duplicates software encrypted and non-encrypted tapes.
- Duplication of digital cinema master tapes for distribution - Linear Tape File System (LTFS) content support now included.
- Duplication of digital forensic master tapes before they are analyzed in order to maintain evidence integrity.
- Includes automatic speed recognition for most optimal performance.
- User-friendly interface with 'easy-to-read' LCD display: offers easy to recognize and use terms and operations on the LCD display for simple usage.
- Power on Self-diagnostics: Keeps the duplicator functioning optionally.
- Tabletop and 19" rack-mount versions available for most configurations
- Future functions upgradeable through firmware: Duplicator able to upgrade future software updates via Firmware.
- Continuous copying without waiting for cool down: No need to stop the duplicator for fear of overheating.