SD1-Mobile Permanent Magnet Media Eraser/Degausser - world's most powerful tabletop eco-friendly green degausser with a 1.2 Tesla magnetic gauss force!
The Model SD1-Mobile is a Magnetic Media Degausser using
Permanent Rare Earth "Fixed Magnet" Technology. This device is capable of completely erasing all data on magnetic media devices such as PMR and LMR Hard Disk Drives, Hard Drives (IDE, SATA, SAS, SCSI, ATA, FC and USB, 3.5", 2.5", 1.8", 1.0" HDD), Tape (DAT, 8mm, Half-inch/3480, LTO-1 to LTO-6, QIC, DLT, Travan, AIT) and Floppy Disks.
It's Rare Earth Magnet Technology generates NO Heat, No Sound, No EMF (Electromagnetic Fields) and can be used continuously. The Hand Crank design requires no electrical power to operate the unit and is perfect for mobile applications.
Mobile and Deployable: No External Power Required. This degausser uses permanent magnets and is thus a stand-alone unit that does not require electrical power. It is fully deployable for on-site and emergency degaussing.
Degaussing can be complete within 1 second with an actual degauss cycle time of 5 second utilizing its 12,000 Gauss fixed magnetic. Go green with the powerful, affordable and easy to use SD1-Mobile to safely and permanently erase your most important asset - your data.
- Uses NO electricity
- Is silent, portable, and needs no cooling time
- Has NO switches, controls, adjustments, or moving parts
- Needs NO maintenance
- Needs NO special operating, handling, or processing skills
Regulations and Compliance Mandates
Many organizations including public and private corporations recommend degaussing for their magnetic media before destruction or recycling. Some of these institutions include:
- DoD (Department of Defence)
- NIST (National Institute of Standards & Technology)
- Government Security Organizations
- Financial Institutions
- IT Departments
- Healthcare / Medical Institutions
The SD1 Mobile will help you meet these government and industry standards requiring complete erasure of sensitive data prior to disposal, including:
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry) Data Security Standard
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization NIST SP 800-88
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization NIST SP 800-36
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- California SB-1386
- Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
Media (by type) That Cannot Be Reused After Degaussing
- ADR30, ADR50, ADR120
- AIT (1, 2, 3, 4, Super)
- SLR24, SLR32, TR-4, ADR30, ADR50
- TR-5, SLR40, SLR50, SLR60, SLR100, SLR140
- TR-7 (Travan 40GB)
- Magstar MP: 3570-B, 3570-C, 3570-C/XL
- Magstar: 3590, 3590-E
- STK-9840, STK-T9940
- HARD DISK DRIVES
- Zip 100 MB Disc
Zip 250 MB Disc