The TS-1 Data EliminatorTM, an NSA Evaluated Products List High Security Degausser, uses proven solid-state technology to provide a 20,000 gauss erasing field ensuring com- plete hard drive and tape erasure of classified and "Top Secret" data in 45 seconds.
With a built-in magnetic field verification system along with onboard diagnostics, The TS-1 confirms the field strength of each and every erase cycle guaranteeing complete erasure every time. Further, the field strength is displayed numerically and graphically allow- ing the operator to perform periodic performance verification elim- inating the need for a separate instrument to check the erasing force. Redundant error checking before, during and after each erase cycle ensures the TS-1 is performing in peak condition.
Eliminate the risk of information loss of Top Secret data during media transportation. Take the TS-1 degausser directly to the location of your media. The TS-1 has two custom ma- chined retractable alloy handles built into each side of the unit for easy lifting. An optional custom wheeled transport case (Case-TS1)
is available to get the TS-1 from location-to- location safely and securely.
- Listed on the NSA Evaluated Products List.
- Erases perpendicular and longitudinal hard drives up to 5,000 Oersteds and magnetic tape media up to 2,800 Oersteds.
- 32 Character alphanumeric LCD display provides easy to read erasure status, field strength, media counter and diagnostics.
- Single pass, 45 second cycle time (60 drives/tapes per hour).
- Built-in magnetic field verification system gaurantees complete erasure.
- Quiet, table-top, office friendly operation.
- Optional custom wheeled transport case.
- 2 Tesla (20,000 Gauss) of erasing force
TS-1 Features and Capabilities:
The TS-1 is the newest and most innovative product in the Garner line of degaussers. With 2 Tesla (20,000 gauss) of power, the TS-1 erases the highest coercivity magnetic media available today. The TS-1 erases 5,000 Oe hard drives (laptop, desktop and network up to 1" high) and up to 2,800 Oe high coercivity tape media, including all formats of LTO (1,2,3,4), SuperDLT I & II, DLT, AIT, 3590 Series, 8mm and more, all without any adapters. With a continuous duty rat- ing (no cooling breaks necessary), quiet operation and a 45 second cycle time, the TS-1 offers a fast, cost effective erasing solution for Top Secret data.
The TS-1 is exceptionally user-friendly. Simply place your media into the drawer of the TS-1 and push the "Erase" button. Within 45 seconds, the media is erased. Open the drawer and remove the media. It just doesn’t get any easier than that!
Safeguards built into the TS-1 check the stored power before each erase cycle ensuring complete erasure every time. In addition, a proprietary gauss sensor measures the erasing force in the coil at the time of discharge. If the electrical power or the erasing force is less than specification, the TS-1 will report an error message to the operator and not complete the cycle until the TS-1 meets both power and erasing force requirements. Messages on the LCD Display and lighted push buttons report the status of the TS-1 to the operator.
As an NSA approved degausser, the TS-1 has been tested to and exceeded the most stringent requirements for complete erasure of magnetic media at the high- est security levels including Top Secret. This approval meets all compliance standards for government man- dates requiring complete elimination of information stored on magnetic media prior to re-use or disposal including:
- NSA/CSS/DoD Top Secret
- NIST (National Institute of Standards and Technology) Guidelines for Media Sanitization
- NIST SP 800-36
- NIST SP 800-88
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard)
- HIPAA (Health Information Portability and Accountability Act)
- PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act)
- GLBA (Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act)
- California Senate Bill 1386